Join the conversation.
Pastor Matt’s Book Club is an occasional opportunity for Rooftoppers to discuss important books and ideas in a friendly and intellectually stimulating way. We’ve read and discussed both fiction and non-fiction books on politics, theology, the Bible, and contemporary culture. Dates and book titles (with descriptions) for upcoming books are below. Here’s what to do:
- Read the book description to see if it’s something you’re interested in reading.
- RSVP on the link provided. (Space is limited, so reserve your spot.)
- Click the amazon link to order the book. (Or get it from somewhere else, like at the library.)
- Read it! (If you’re not sure you’ll be able to read it, please don’t RSVP until you HAVE read it, to make sure there’s room for people who WILL read it. If you aren’t able to finish reading it before the meeting, we encourage you to eventually read it anyway, but refrain from attending the Book Club.)
- Show up, ready to discuss.
- Sorry, no childcare provided.
Four Views on Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design (Ed. by J.B. Stump)
Friday, April 6 or Sunday, April 15 | 7-9 PM | Welcome Center
Four Views on Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design presents the current "state of the conversation" about origins among evangelicals representing four key positions:
- Young Earth Creationism - Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis)
- Old Earth (Progressive) Creationism - Hugh Ross (Reasons to Believe)
- Evolutionary Creation - Deborah B. Haarsma (BioLogos)
- Intelligent Design - Stephen C. Meyer (The Discovery Institute)
The contributors offer their best defense of their position addressing questions such as: What is your position on origins - understood broadly to include the physical universe, life, and human beings in particular? What do you take to be the most persuasive arguments in defense of your position? How do you demarcate and correlate evidence about origins from current science and from divine revelation? What hinges on answering these questions correctly?
Questions? Contact Pastor Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.